Friday 10 December 2021 7.25 pm
The health and wellbeing of our children, staff and community is a top priority.
We’re sending this letter as there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 in our community. The student was at Papatoetoe Intermediate School on Monday 6th December 2021.
Your child has not been identified as a contact. You can still come to school.
What you need to do
- You and your whānau should watch for symptoms
- If any develop, get tested immediately
- Then, stay at home until you receive the result
- If your whānau hasn’t been vaccinated, please do so as soon as possible. You can book on-line at bookmyvaccine.nz or by calling 0800 28 29 26. It’s free.
What we’re doing
- School will stay open
- We have appropriate public health measures and cleaning procedures in place.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- A new or worsening cough
- Sneezing and runny nose
- A fever
- Temporary loss of smell or altered sense of taste
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
Less common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, malaise, chest pain, abdominal pain, joint pain, or confusion/irritability.
For more information, go to https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/about-covid-19/covid-19- symptoms/
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Noho ora mai
Papatoetoe Intermediate School