Start of the Year 2022
We are excited to welcome our 2022 school community.
In regard to COVID-19, we have been planning and preparing our school to ensure that the necessary health and safety measures are in place to welcome your children safely back to school under the current traffic light system.
Due to the COVID RED traffic light requirements and regulations, we have had to make some changes to our start of year processes.
Points to be aware of to help ensure the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff:
- School gates will not be open for students until 8.30 a.m.
- Due to COVID guidelines and regulations, we are stating no caregivers are permitted onsite at this stage (please refer below re: enrolments – only exception)
- All students need to be wearing a mask
- We encourage students to bring a named drink bottle
- Students need to bring their own lunches etc for the first week of school
- Students vaccination passes – to be emailed to email@example.com
Returning students – Year 8s for 2022: First day is WEDNESDAY 2nd February 2022
- School starts at 8.30am. Students are to go straight to their classrooms
New Year 8 and all Year 7 students – First day is Thursday 3rd February 2022
- New students to arrive at school between 8.45am-9.15am to reduce congestion on the first day
- There will not be the usual ‘formal powhiri’ for the students. We are working on a welcome within classrooms with the assistance of our Kapa Haka tutor
- If your child is starting in Year 7, your child’s new classroom teacher will contact you, before the end of Tuesday 1 February to confirm your child’s Room number, their teacher’s name and to give notices for the start of school. Same will apply for any other new students to the school for 2022
- Staff members, wearing high vis vests, will be ready to help (at the school gates and around the school) as students come into school. They will direct students to their allocated classroom. They will also have class lists to help those students may not be able to recall their classroom number
- After 9.30a.m, if you are concerned you can ring our school office and we will check in on your child and get back to you.
- We will take special care of them to ensure their first day is a positive experience for the students – your children
Enrolments for 2022
- The school office will be open from 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. from Thursday 27th January to assist with any new enrolments.
- We ask that you drive in and park in one of the visitor parks. Please wait in your car for a staff member to come out and assist you. We do ask that you wear a mask while speaking from your car with a staff member
- Any new enrolments made the week of 1st February will start the following week from 7th February 2022
- Stationery Packs available from the school office – $20.00.
- Contactless collection will only be available from Thursday 27th January until Tuesday 1st February between the hours of between 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. Please wait in your car for a staff member to come out and assist you. We do ask that your wear a mask while speaking from your car with a staff member
- From the 2nd February stationery packs will need to be paid for and collected by students. No contactless collection available from this date