Kia Ora Tatau
1) Years 11, 12 and 13 will be able to attend secondary school from next Tuesday. Please check secondary schools websites etc. in regards to this. 2) Primary schools, including Papatoetoe Intermediate School, will not be open except for the children of essential workers who have no other care options.
3) Pap Int. will continue learning online. If whanau need resources they should contact their child’s classroom teacher, or our school office. The MOE will inform primary schools and schools catering for Year 9 and 10 students next Tuesday 26/10 regarding further plans. After that notification our school will send an update to whanau.
4) Please note that all online traffic on a school owned device is monitored by Linewize. Please make sure that the school device is not being used for any other purpose. We have had to contact whanau about ‘inappropriate use’ of school devices that has been notified to our school by Linewize. We appreciate all the support that families have provided in these situations.
5) All staff working in schools, along with volunteers, contractors must have had their first vaccination by 15 November.
6) All staff, volunteers and contractors working in schools must provide a negative COVID test prior to returning to school in order to be safely with students. Papatoetoe Intermediate School has been gathering this information for some time now and whanau considering whether or not to send their children back to our school, when opportunity arises, can be assured that every person on site will meet both negative test and vaccine requirements.
7) When we are able to return to school we will share safety plans to all whanau prior to returning. We will also ask whanau to confirm whether or not their child will return so that we can be well prepared. Once students are able to return to school teachers’ focus will be with the students in-class rather than on online learning.
8) There is no school (online or in-school at Level 3) on Friday 22 October (due to a pre-scheduled ‘Union’ Day) or on Monday (Labour Day). The school office will be closed.
9) Written reports are being collated for all students enrolled at our school and will be available as usual at the end of the school year. Please update your home address if you have moved house since enrolling your child.
10) Our school encourages all people who are eligible to be vaccinated as soon as possible.
We are starting to gather information about vaccinations for students over 12 years of age.
If your child has been vaccinated against COVID-19 and you wish that to be recorded by our school please provide the vaccination certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org . This information is requested (not required) so that in the event of an active exposure in or around school we can be sure of the levels of risk posed to individuals and their whanau.
Kia kaha, stay safe, be kind
We can all be part of a winning team.